SHORT: 150 km, MEDIUM: 150 - 300 km, LONG: 300 - 500 km, XTRA/LONG: Over 500 km.
CRUISE: These runs, usually monthly on a Saturday are offered at a more leisurely pace and of short distance.
ANYONE: A ride for any Club member, noting that you are to assess your own capability in relation to the RIC of the day, the destination and likely distance.
EXPERIENCED: Intended for experienced riders only as less than sufficiently experienced riders may find these rides too challenging.
Each RIC will carry a Mobile Phone for emergencies. You will be required to provide your own details and an ICE contact details on arrival and before the ride briefing.
Ride Guidelines (revised version 28th March 2022)
• The RIC (Rider in Charge) oversees the ride. The RIC will always do a "Riders’ brief" explaining the route, use of corner markers, destination and appoint a TEC (Tail End Charlie). Pay attention. You are responsible for your ride. Know the terms of the ride and the protocols.
• Less experienced riders ride towards the rear - the TEC will bring up the rear. Corner markers and regroup stops will prevent people getting lost.
• Overtaking is allowed - where it is safe and legal to do so. Overtaking should be done individually, do not blindly follow the rider ahead. If you pass the RIC you are deemed to have "left the ride".
• Ride in staggered formation where possible - except through corners. Be considerate and give each other space.
• If the group needs or has to stop, irrespective of where the RIC stops, ensure you locate yourself in a safe stopping place. Ensure you do not lengthen the stopped tail where the sight line is inadequate for a safe stopping distance for those coming behind. All compulsory stops are to be complied with (meaning “we stop at Stop signs”).
• If you plan to leave the ride, please advise the RIC or TEC - we do not want to go looking for you. Be considerate.
• Ride your own ride - do not feel pressured into riding outside your comfort zone. In all situations, you are responsible for yourself. Please ensure you are sufficiently self informed, capable and competent, to enjoy the ride. You alone have this responsibility. Be always aware whilst on the ride of what is around you.
• Enjoy yourself and have fun - that is what it is all about.
Please read the Guide to Staggered Formation before going on any of our organised rides.